87 replies to this topic

t92300
  • t92300
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hi

Looking at getting a phone.
So far after checking the forums and reading the reviews of them I have written off the first 3 stores as looking too risky for my liking.

Has any one had any experiences with Tech Brands Pacific(https://pricespy.co....ore.php?f=12239)?

I have checked the companies web site and the whois for the domain neither were too interesting for me.

Not sure that it matters but the phone I am looking at is a HTC Desire (https://pricespy.co....ct.php?p=563575)

thanks

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,893

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

I have written off the first 3 stores as looking too risky for my liking.

Hi t92300,

First off welcome to the forum :D If it was me I'd probably go with ExpertInfotech. Sure they have some dodgy reviews but if you go into the store to buy the phone then you shouldnt have any problems. I used them quite a while ago for some PC related items and they were fine. I think I'd rather trust a store like EInfo with ~275 reviews where some are bad over an e-tailer I've never heard of that doesnt have any reviews.

The HTC Desire is a relatively expensive piece of kit so you dont wanna be mucked around by a company that isnt very well known. If you were going to experience problems with your purchase it would be better to experience them with EInfo as they are a more well known company and are sensitive to reviews and feedback to keep up their reputation.

Remember that if you do have a problem with the eventual transaction then make a topic on here or reply to an existing one about what happened.

Edited by TomSahz, 08 January 2011 - 05:27 PM.

Broxx
  • Broxx

• PipPip
  • posts 103

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

I am currently looking for a new phone and going through the list of recent price drops and this company named "Tech Brands Pacific" kept coming up past few days.

I cannot seem to find any reliable reviews online. Has anyone here traded with them before?

Any info regarding this company would greatly be appreciated.

Edited by Broxx, 20 January 2011 - 07:01 PM.

peedekk
  • peedekk
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Currently in the middle of an order with them.

The different thing with them so far is they take quite a while to process your order. Compared to other online stores I've used.

Not that I can complain, they say on their site that normally the ordering process is completed in 7 working days (http://techbrands.co...ms.php?id_cms=1)

Just seems a bit weird that my orders been in the Preparation in Progress status since Wednesday. Payment was cleared early Tuesday morning. I guess it's just different then what I'm use to.

Will let you know how it goes when my order arrives.

Edited by peedekk, 22 January 2011 - 03:40 PM.

t92300
  • t92300
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

sweet thanks peedekk I will be waiting to see how you get on.

RobinPetone
  • RobinPetone
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy beginning of Dec, XT compatible. Delivery was prompt.

Phone however doesn't work on XT (vodafone no problems).

Returned phone, and they rang me yeah its working... Sent it back.
Put my XT sim in. Dead no Telecom service!!
Sent phone back and they also sent me a loaner..
Week later they sent the phone back (got it Xmas eve) saying, Telecom not yet set up on XT network for Samsung Galaxy, but it will work by 22nd Jan. This sounded like bollicks as there are plenty of people using Samsung AT&T galaxy's on XT (google search).
So I was stuck with a $798 brick, $60 of prepaid going nowhere, and now they want me to open another RMA and put in the IMEI number etc... Already checked this phone (according to Telecom will work).... So will do this...

My phone is a DUD for XT - has a fault and in my opinion should just be replaced as faulty (DOA)rather than two-ing and throwing !!!

My advice - buy elsewhere they are kind enough and pleasent to talk to but don't take ownership.

Rating 1/10

Finally got a replacement phone to replace the first faulty one... New fault
couldn't hear any one on phone calls and they couldn't hear me. on the bright side txt'ing worked!.
Demanded full refund - now got (2 weeks later) so that 4 months after buying phone, I'm back where I started!.

Edited by RobinPetone, 01 April 2011 - 11:19 AM.

RobinPetone
  • RobinPetone
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

See my other post - search Tech Brands.

go elsewhere.

peedekk
  • peedekk
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

It's arrived :-)

Just took a while, my guess is that perhaps they were waiting for it to be shipped from US, even though their site says they hold stock in the chch warehouse (and I live chatted to ask if they had the Nexus S in stock in chch on mon 17th).

My payment cleared on tues 18th and it didn't get shipped until yesterday, tues 25th. And has just arrived this morning from the courier.

Seems weird that if they had the phone in stock it took a week to put it in a courier bag and get it notified for pickup by the courier.

Can't complain because they do state on their website that it takes 7 working days for delivery (from ordering) and at the time the only other shops with the Nexus S had it for ~$200 more.

The wait was just a bit concerning, since I hadn't heard much about them before and they don't have many ratings, was hoping they hadn't done a runner with my money :-)

So they're legit, just take longer then you'd think/expect. If they do wait for it to be shipped from US it would be better for them to state that on their website, at least that'd give the customer a better reason for the length of time it takes for the order to arrive. Well that's my opinion :-)

t92300
  • t92300
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Well I finally got my phone.

I was going to order from Tech Brands Pacific but when I went to order they had a message up saying that their site was down for maintenance.

So I ended up ordering from Expert Info Tech.
They got back to me pretty quickly after placing the order.
I think I placed it on a Friday evening and they got back to me Saturday.
Problems came when they got back to me however when they asked me for Id and address details which I did not want to send them as the only reason they gave me for wanting them was "security" (no other explanation came by email). I checked with my bank who said it would not be a good idea to send the information that they were asking for.

In the end, one day on the way home from work I got a phone call from them and the person on the other end explained that they were liable for any problems with the credit card transactions that had problems.
After that they sent the phone the next day with out me sending ID.

I would probably deal with Expert Info Tech again but to save the hassle only in person, which probably means not again (as I'm from Christchurch and they are in Auckland, unless I get something when I'm on holiday up there)

The short reply s to my emails did not answer any of my questions about my order.
I was impressed by the phone call, it gave me the impression that they wanted my custom and me happy. The easy thing for them would have been to refund my credit card (when they first asked for the extra information I asked for the phone to be either shipped or my credit card to be refunded as I was not informed about this extra information when I placed the order and their terms and conditions did not explain this).

After all that I would say I am neutral to positive about Expert Info Tech, if they had not phoned me I would probably be negative about them.

hope this helps some one

Fallenae
  • Fallenae
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Has anybody currently got an order placed with techbrands?
I see they are based in christchurch has anybody had contact with the company since the quake?

ArchSerpo
  • ArchSerpo
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,279

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Would be best to see what suburb theyre in - South Hornby area. As far as I can remember city and east of that got hit the worst, hornby shouldnt be too bad hit. Have cousins in Rollestone (wrong spelling im pretty sure) which is in north-west of the city and theyre fine.

Have you tried ringing their 0800 number?

Edited by P1n3apqlExpr3ss, 25 February 2011 - 04:33 PM.

Fallenae
  • Fallenae
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Not yet because i don't really want to be a pain at such a bad time. They could be going through all sorts of crap right now.

I did pay for a phone on Monday though and although I feel a bit guilty about it I have been quite worried about how long I'm going to be out of pocket. I think I'll leave it until its past the 7 working days before i try and contact them. Just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat or if anybody knows if they are operating.

Broxx
  • Broxx

• PipPip
  • posts 103

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

I ordered a Nokia 7230 for $69 on specials and the phone arrived a Week Later, Although it was clearly stated on the site 7day Delivery. The phone was in Excellent condition but did not come with NZ wall charger(Provided universal Plug though). Even though there contact is slightly lacking and take ages to process your order, But in the end they will get the product out to you in the given time frame provided, in your case maybe slightly longer.

Fallenae
  • Fallenae
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

Just to update on this for those who are interested; I received this email today:

The Tech Brands Pacific team will be back at work on Monday 28 February and we will be getting orders packed and shipped to our customers as fast as possible.

Delivery will be subject to frieght restrictions in and out of Christchurch during the next week, but New Zealand Couriers are working and we will deliver orders to the courier office ourselves.

Our customers are very important to us and we will make sure the events in Christchurch do not cause more inconvenience than necessary.

Some phone support will be available from Monday for you to check on the progress of your order.

So pretty good communication even at a time like this.

Auckland88
  • Auckland88
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

I have just purchased a Phone from these guys and they claim 7 days from payment cleared. I have being waiting ten days and still no product. They need to be honest about there slow delivery times.I would have shopped somewhere else if this was the case. Anyone had the same problems?

altinsnz
  • altinsnz
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

I have recently placed an order with Tech Brands and agree with the other feedback provided by users.

Tech Brands have a nice website, offer good support options, but delivery is too slow! After reading posts on this forum I called them to ensure that they had the product I wanted in stock and that there would be no problem in having this dispatched promptly. They assured me that they did. A week later however, I still don't have my order.

I suspect that they do NOT in fact hold stock locally and probably source it off-shore. I cannot think of any other reason why it could take 8 days for a phone to be sent from Dunedin to Auckland.

Hopefully my order will arrive tomorrow, and hopefully Tech Brands will pay attention to the customer feedback offered in this forum, as apart from a delayed delivery, they seem pretty good to deal with.

ArchSerpo
  • ArchSerpo
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,279

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

ect that they do NOT in fact hold stock locally and probably source it off-shore. I cannot think of any other reason why it could take 8 days for a phone to be sent from Dunedin to Auckland.

Its most common practice for these kind of stores to do this, they dont want stock sitting around a warehouse waiting to be sold, that will just increase their expenses, cut into their margins or raise prices for you. Instead when they get a order they tell their suppliers in Asia to ship them out to you to keep costs low.

The only stores that I know that doesnt do this are the obvious ones like Vodafone and telecom but I have heard expert infotech keep some stock in store presumably of the better selling handsets at least.

ickarumba1
  • ickarumba1
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 633

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

That sucks. It's a terrible wait for your new shiny toy. Tell us when you get your order!

altinsnz
  • altinsnz
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi there.

A bit slow in updating my post sorry. I received my shiny new HTC sensation 8 days after ordering. I notice that the default language was sent to English (India). Perhaps that's where the device originated?

Anyway, happy with my purchase, though disappointed at the horribly big AC converter.

Overall, a good experience but slow delivery. :)

buggeredifiknow
  • buggeredifiknow
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Mod edit: Feel free to post again once you've read the forum rules (link above forum). Also try to contribute to the discussion and try to use reasonable grammar/formatting. Cheers, TomSahz.

Edited by TomSahz, 26 August 2011 - 11:30 AM.

buggeredifiknow
  • buggeredifiknow
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

I was not happy with the service i got .

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,893

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Fair enough.

But dont use offensive language and please try to provide more detail than one angry sentence. Review the store if you havnt done so. (Make sure to look at the review guidelines before doing so)

hval007
  • hval007
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hello All,

I recently purchased a laptop from TechBrands and made a call to the office to find out if the laptop in question was in stock to avoid any inconvenience in delivery time since i had to catch a flight about a week and half later.

My payment was cleared on 29th of September and has been in "Preparation in Progress" for five working days.

I called up on the fourth working day and enquired why this was so and i was told they were swamped with orders and this caused a delay - this i find to be utter rubbish. It seems that they are getting their stock from overseas and claiming otherwise.

I am bound to leave the country on the 8th of October and have been advised by TechBrands the they will not be able to honor the 5-7 working days delivery time.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL - when placing orders with this company.
I am not the only one who has been misled.I was even told that the manager would call me since i wanted to escalate my order due to my situation - The manager didnt even bother calling upon three requests.

DO NOT place orders with this company if you do not want to get frustrated with the delivery of your item. TechBrands are rubbish when it comes to this. Also the level of customer service is pathetic since they dont even call you when they promise to do so twice!

In part it was my fault to buy from them in the first place. They have since lost an order of $4450.00 NZD which i was going to place for two of my mates.

BE smart and deal with other companies instead of these people.

fourthmedia
  • fourthmedia
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi All,

I just wanted to add to the long delivery stories. My payment cleared Tuesday the 15th of November, and today I recieved the following from Techbrands support:

"Dear Mike

Unfortunately your order is going to be 2-3 days late due to unexpected delays with our shipment arriving.

We sincerely apologize for the delay if you have an questions please don't hesitate to call us on 0800 562 031.

Kind Regards
Kristina Tunoho
Manager"

So I guess they have started admitting that the stock isn't held locally.

All in all. I ordered a phone that I couldn't find anywhere in New Zealand, and my only other option was to order from overseas. That would have taken some time to ship, plus I would have had to possibly pay duty on arrival. Techbrands are pleasant to deal with, and their rates are good, so I think waiting a little longer for shipment is bearable.

aaceves
  • aaceves
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I've written this on the reviews but i'll copy it here as well:

WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD.

I placed an order for an ipad 2 on the 22nd of November. I decided not to pay online as the payment page on their website isn't secure, so I called before placing my order to make sure this company had a customer service and also to check if the ipad was in stock. They told me that it was available so I placed the order and paid by bank transfer.

I was promised delivery on three different dates and all of those were postponed. The last promised delivery was on the Thursday, 8th of December so I called the next morning (9th December) to check if my order had been sent and I was told that THE POSTMAN HAD DROPPED MY ITEM, and that they had no more in stock, so they would be giving me a full refund.

A few minutes later I received an email saying that the refund will be made THE FOLLOWING THURSDAY, so I called customer service hoping to speak to the manager. I was told that she wasn't feeling well and she was working from home... so I couldn't speak to her.

I wrote several emails, asking for a refund to be made as soon as possible, as they've had my payment for 16 days already. I received an email on Monday saying that payment had been made on Friday, the previous week.

Anyway... it's now Thursday, 15th of December, and I still haven't received my money.

I am quite worried about this, and I really hope that payment will be made soon. I will keep you posted.

Update: MONDAY 19th... I still don't have my money. Spoke to them this morning and I was told the manager is sick, the accounts manager isn't available... more and more excuses...

shockone
  • shockone
  • Rookie

• posts 4

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

I'm having the same issue as you aaceves - Made payment on the 30th last month, last Thursday told they don't have the item in stock so I cancelled my order was told the refund would be done last week and still nothing, same excuse - manager sick and is "working from home" was told to email the manager (Kristina Tunoho) on support@techbrands.co.nz. Would suggest writing a letter of demand as I've done, emailed and faxed them it today giving them till Thursday to refund me before I take legal action. This company is a joke!

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,925

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yes, take them to the Disputes Tribunal if they won't pay. It only costs $30 as far as I know, so well worth it for something like an iPad.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

zenocider
  • zenocider
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

OK. Here we go. I have placed order on the 8th/12/2011 for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play phone. Price was $399. by the 7th working day after my credit card payment was cleared, I have called them to check up on my order. The staff answered the phone and advised she will have to check with the manager. Staff came back and advised "Your 10th day is on 22/12/2011 which the phone will be shipped around that day". WHAT?!?!?! They are holding my phone till 10th working day from the the my payment cleared?! Then I asked why the delay? Also asked if they keepi the stock or not. The staff replied, they do, but just waiting for other orders to be shipped out on the same date. AGAIN WHAT?!??! Why the hell MY ORDER which I separately paid for the shipping, had to be on hold so it can be shipped with other orders on Thursday?!?! I only gave 3 stars at the moment becuase their web site states, "Within 7~10 working days" Yeah, right. We will see. I'll keep you guys posted on Thursday again.

loren267
  • loren267
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:10 AM

Having the same trouble with tech brands. Paid for two phones on the 24th Nov. Both items were "in stock". On the 5th Dec, I get
and email saying delivery will be 2-3 days late. On the 13th Dec I get told they don't know when my phones will be delivered, but
they'll advised me when they do. I'm quite alarmed at this, so ring them up. They are very apologetic and explain to me that their
stock system has been broken, and my phones will definitely be sent out on the 16th of Dec. On the 16th I ring them again to make sure
that they have sent my phones, and they tell me first that the items are now definitely in stock, but they won't be sent because
they are too busy with other orders. I ask to speak the manager, who tells me my phones are not in stock yet, they are still
on a plane, which will arrive on Monday the 19th Dec. She thinks it's funny that her assistant just told me they were in stock,
and says she is a lier, while having a good laugh. I'm rather angry at this point and ask for a refund. I'm told my refund won't be
processed until the 22nd of Dec. I demand an immediate refund, and am told Monday is the earliest it can be processed because
"we have procedures you know!". Anyway, I speak the manager again yesterday to ask if my refund was processed, and she
is suffering from memory loss, and can't tell me anything... blames the account manager for not turning up to a meeting.

I'm not holding my breath for a refund before next year.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,925

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Having the same trouble with tech brands. Paid for two phones on the 24th Nov. Both items were "in stock". On the 5th Dec, I get
and email saying delivery will be 2-3 days late. On the 13th Dec I get told they don't know when my phones will be delivered, but
they'll advised me when they do. I'm quite alarmed at this, so ring them up. They are very apologetic and explain to me that their
stock system has been broken, and my phones will definitely be sent out on the 16th of Dec. On the 16th I ring them again to make sure
that they have sent my phones, and they tell me first that the items are now definitely in stock, but they won't be sent because
they are too busy with other orders. I ask to speak the manager, who tells me my phones are not in stock yet, they are still
on a plane, which will arrive on Monday the 19th Dec. She thinks it's funny that her assistant just told me they were in stock,
and says she is a lier, while having a good laugh. I'm rather angry at this point and ask for a refund. I'm told my refund won't be
processed until the 22nd of Dec. I demand an immediate refund, and am told Monday is the earliest it can be processed because
"we have procedures you know!". Anyway, I speak the manager again yesterday to ask if my refund was processed, and she
is suffering from memory loss, and can't tell me anything... blames the account manager for not turning up to a meeting.

I'm not holding my breath for a refund before next year.

If you paid by credit card, ask your credit card company for it back. Otherwise, you are stuck with either waiting (hopefully not too long), or the Disputes Tribunal.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users