• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

Problem has been resolved by Sam from BXT

WARNING TO ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS REGARDING:  BXT International Ltd, trading as BecexTech New Zealand. Also known as;

• BecexTech Australia
  • BecexTech UK
  • Julian Technology Limited (Ltd) – Directed and owned by Santo Julian LUDY

(This is the parent company of BXT International, owning a 100 percent share. This is also the bank account that is supplied for all purchases on their websites.)

I unfortunately had the misfortune of dealing with this company. In 2015 I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mobile phone from their website, after finding them to have the best deal through PriceSpy.

I immediately began experiencing issues with voice communication on the phone.

After endless emails and trouble shooting advice from Becextech, I eventually returned the phone to them to be inspected. – They said it was faulty as a result of impact damage, as they managed to locate a small blemish on the side of the phone.

I requested that they return the phone to me so that I could have it independently inspected, however they would not release this to me until I had paid for their inspection and administration costs.

Two independent inspections of the phone revealed that a chip on the circuit board had failed, and was not at all related to impact damage.

I was unable to negotiate with BecexTech at all. They never replied to my emails. – I progressed the matter to the New Zealand Disputes Tribunal, and a judgement was ruled in my favor, ordering BecexTech to reimburse me for the full cost of the phone and all subsequent damages.

This Judgement can be downloaded here.

Neither BecexTech or Julian Technology has made any contact with me. I have not received any payment from them which was ordered. – Two years have now elapsed.

Upon investigating this company, I learned that their ‘physical’ addresses which they list are all virtual offices and they have never physically been there. This is just a façade to give the appearance of a legitimate company, however they are actually offshore in Hong Kong.

The New Zealand Consumer Magazine published an Article on BecexTech in 2017 warning consumers not to buy from them following a concerning level of complaints.
https://www.consumer...ronics-retailer

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission found that BecexTech was misrepresenting products for sale on it’s website; selling used and refurbished phones without passing that information on to the consumer. – Several undertakings were put in place as a result of this.
https://www.accc.gov...cember 2017.PDF

It is evident that this company is dishonest and dirty. Their pre-sale support is exceptional. Their post-sale support is non-existent. If you have a problem with one of their products (chances are high that you will) you will find yourself forever chasing their tail, whilst they ignore your emails.

A WARNING TO ALL FELLOW NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS. – Pay the extra $5 and buy from a local source having verified it first.

Edited by Unregistered2e7fb7ef, 30 May 2019 - 10:15 PM.

• TomSahz likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,025

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for posting. I've moved the thread to the Stores category.

I will comment that they're no longer listed on PriceSpy, and haven't been for at least 6 months.

• mrac and Unregistered2e7fb7ef like this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,915

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for posting. I've moved the thread to the Stores category.

I will comment that they're no longer listed on PriceSpy, and haven't been for at least 6 months.

Were they removed?

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,025

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:36 AM

Yes. I don't know why, but I'll guess that fake reviews were at least one part of it.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Photo Warehouse
  • Photo Warehouse
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Because they were falsifying Import documents to get products into NZ without paying GST.  Even if you bought something worth $2.5K they would declare it on the paperwork for $300.00 to avoid paying GST

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,025

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

I'd forgotten about that, but yes, they definitely did do that (and almost certainly still do).

Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Since posting the original post I have had contact from BecexTech. They stated that they are keen to resolve this issue and that customer satisfaction is a top priority to them.

I am awaiting an offer from them and will display it here once received.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,025

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

Sounds normal. Customer satisfaction is very important when the customer is making a public issue about the problem and giving them a bad name. Other than that, who cares! :rolleyes:

The only thing that surprises me is that they didn't post here. They've had a habit of doing that in the past.

I hope they actually manage to fix things up properly, but...

Quoting the OP and follow-up for posterity, in case BecexTech want it edited / removed.

Spoiler

Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Unregistered2e7fb7ef
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Problem has been resolved by Sam from BXT

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,025

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

Good to hear.

But, I can't say anything good about them for it, when it is two and a half years after losing at the Disputes Tribunal, two and a half months after posting the problem here, and two weeks after they decided they wanted to resolve the problem.

In other words, everything you originally posted about them is still valid, they still have absolutely disgusting customer support, they still do not honour NZ law despite them having posted here claiming they do, and they are still somewhere to avoid like the plague.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users