• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ChairmanDrew
  • ChairmanDrew
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 557

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

I've noticed Dick Smith ads popping up pushing products at me lately. The prices seem pretty good. Are they just a purely online business now? Can they be trusted?

EDIT: Don't know why I didn't look earlier, but I see all reviews, including recent ones, are terrible. Sounds like it's just some drop ship company trading under the Dick Smith name.

Edited by ChairmanDrew, 02 June 2018 - 12:23 PM.

Sapphire HD 7970, i7 3770, 12gb Kingston HyperX, Asrock B75 Pro3-M, Intel 530 SSD 120gb

ALBF
  • ALBF
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

What you mentioned in the edit is correct. They were acquired by an Australian company (Kogan) after the physical shops were closed. It's just an extension of Kogan's already established online shopping services at this point. I have used them once, but the item I bought was shipped from Australia, at least judging by the relatively long delivery time and lack of NZ classification stickers. 

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,891

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

From a bit of googling it seems Kogan acquired the DSE brand at a bargain rate, probably because they were after the email database. Doesn't look like customer experience has improved much under the new online-only model either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users