Photo

So I Just Received a OnePlus One Invite...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pricekitty4427
  • pricekitty4427

• PipPip
  • posts 105

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

As you guys may know, OnePlus doesn't ship to NZ. I'm considering shipping it to the States and then getting it forwarded here. Does anyone know a company which can do this and approximately how much it will cost?

If the shipping will cost more than NZ$40 then it won't be worth it since you can buy one locally for that price (when you include GST since it's worth over NZ$400).

Thanks

RealOxygen
  • RealOxygen
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 389

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

I imagine it will cost over $40. There is a service (I can't remember the name of but I could find out) and they won't tell you the shipping rate until they have it there so it is a bit of a gamble.

jonovw
  • jonovw
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 264

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

YouShop is one of the service you would be thinking about. The shipping with YouShop for me was $28, but there was also a $14 shipping fee from OnePlus. If you end up paying G.S.T., it's not really worth it to import, but if it gets through Customs without a G.S.T. charge, then it's significantly cheaper than here.

pricekitty4427
  • pricekitty4427

• PipPip
  • posts 105

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

YouShop is one of the service you would be thinking about. The shipping with YouShop for me was $28, but there was also a $14 shipping fee from OnePlus. If you end up paying G.S.T., it's not really worth it to import, but if it gets through Customs without a G.S.T. charge, then it's significantly cheaper than here.

What would you think the chances are that it will go through without a GST charge?

I imported a brand new GTX 670 from the US once and they didn't charge me for that, so I might just have a chance...

jonovw
  • jonovw
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 264

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

What would you think the chances are that it will go through without a GST charge?

I imported a brand new GTX 670 from the US once and they didn't charge me for that, so I might just have a chance...

If you declare it at the correct value (the only legal thing to do), you're almost always going to get charged G.S.T.
  • TomSahz, MassaHarri, LinuxUser and 1 other like this

Unregistered43663
  • Unregistered43663
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,057

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

I just imported two cell phones recently in their original packaging new, and they cost $28 each using youshop. I doubt yours would cost any more.
My Pooter: Core i5-3570k 4.4GHz || Asus Z77 Sabertooth || 2x Asus GTX 670 DC2-4GD5 4Gb 1.15GHz SLI || Kingston Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL9 1.65V (1.5V) || 120GB OCZ Vertex 4 || Silverstone Strider 750W ST75F 80+ Gold || Corsair 600T Silver Edition || Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit || Hyper 212 Evo || Silverstone 120mm Air Penetrator Blue LED CPU Cooler Fans || NZXT Blue LED Lighting ||

andytheape
  • andytheape

• PipPip
  • posts 144

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

I think they sending out invites a bit more freely, when I got mine from PB Tech i created an account on OPOs forum just to look around and last week I got an invite although it was only valid for a couple of days which seems shorter than in the past. Keep in mind the warranty, some NZ stores self warrant which seems worth the little extra over sending it back and waiting months without a phone (assuming something goes wrong which i think is getting less and less common)

Randydandy
  • Randydandy
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 11

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

I recently received a OnePlus 2 invite valid for 24 hours. Was ecstatic to purchase, then reality set in. USD/NZD conversion, shipping to USA then youshop forward to NZ, above 400 de-minimus (although youshop allows you to set customs value) so there is GST and brokerage. Ends up to be around $980NZD.

All online stores only sell chinese versions which have issues with 4G bands and dual sim capabilities otherwise it would be worthwhile buying from the retailers listed here.

My OnePlus One is perfect, battery life with KitKat is exceptionally well and it charges pretty quick too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users