Becextech serious problems - stay clear

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,034

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

I bought a phone and they told me my payment was flagged as "suspicious" so they debited a small amount to prove it was me. I had to waste time emailing backwards and forwards and phoning my bank to find out the amount and let them know. Then they approved my transaction. The amount was only 18 cents which was debited along with the full amount for my phone. The 18 cents was never credited back. I know this is only a tiny amount and the reason that I couldn't be bothered going through the hassle of trying to claim it back but I suspect they do this to every customer. Firstly they are withdrawing an amount they were never authorised to withdraw and then they never give it back. It's another way of ripping off customers.

I'd still complain to them, even though they almost certainly won't do anything. Also might be worthwhile sending a quick message to your bank to let them know about it, without actually filing a chargeback.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Unregisterede6f594eb
  • Unregisterede6f594eb
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

Hello everyone, in October 2018 I purchased two phones (advertised as ex-demo phones) from this company. One of the phones did not work at all (issue was no network found). Company representative (Ryan) asked me, through a series of emails, to perform many 'reboots' and 'upgrades' and, eventually, requested me to send the phone back for repair. 
I received the second 'repaired' item in January (25th) and it was also faulty (same issue, no network found). I requested a refund, they've declined saying I need to go through all the possible solutions before considering a refund. Again, I have been doing the same 'tasks' they've asked me to do, e.g. IOS upgrades and 'reboots'.

I then decided to do a quick search on the official Apple website. I discovered that the item they've sent me was a factory recall from Japan. Apple had a faulty iPhone 7 batch that they recalled and the serial number matched the phone they've sent me. I shared this information with the representative saying that nothing I could do would 'repair' the item.
Still, today, I received another email from the company rep asking (once again) to return the phone so they can 'repair it'. I know that if I send it again, I will be waiting for months and they will probably send me the same phone back. 
I have the email communication with the company rep and I have found many 'warnings' on the internet that this company refuses to give refunds for their faulty problems. Registered company is for BecexTech in NZ is JULIAN TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD. I also recommend anyone to stay clear and never order from this company.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,034

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

I don't know if it'd help, but seeing Apple recalled it, you might be good to contact them. They'd probably be interested in how a product they've recalled can get back into the supply chain, and as it is a recall they might replace it. As I say, I don't know if it'd help, but it is probably worth a try.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,915

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:31 PM

Failing that I would file a complaint with the commerce commission, or threaten to take them to the disputes tribunal (could be worth actually taking them there if the phone is expensive). These guys actively avoid their responsibilities under the CGA so I wouldnt expect a resolution unless you escalate the situation.

• LinuxUser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users