• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Nehigrasshoppa
  • Nehigrasshoppa
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I'm after set up help for a second tv (separate room) and how to use the tv own speakers / sound output (for a sound bar etc) 

We stream the majority of a own content and currently have a mac mini connected to a home theatre receiver and i want to be able to watch content on the 2nd tv without having the sound broadcast over the lounge speakers.  Is this as easy as not connecting the hdmi cable to the slot with arc, so the sound travels one way but not the other?  or is there another way?

Cheers 

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,995

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:16 PM

If the second TV is getting the content itself, then it should be as simple as not connecting any audio out. But if it is acting as a display for something else, it would depend on that, and I have no idea on how easy that'd be.

I hope this helps.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users