1 reply to this topic

N3vermercy
  • N3vermercy
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Hi All,

First time posting here

hoping to get some advice on what parts people recommend and if the parts i currently have are any good/ compatible.

After going through Graphics Cards i have decided that the Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Strix Gaming looks the best quite decent for the moment, I was wondering what the best Mother Board and CPU to go with this would be?

Aswell as any other parts i will need,

Also i will likely be running this out of a box untill i decided on a tower case to go with it

Im not sure if the power supply that i have is good quality or not and i realise these can be pretty important, Do you think this would be worth replacing? 

Budget Range: Around $1600  - would rather spend less as i will likely be investing in an 11 series graphics card once they come out

System Usage - Most to Least Important: Gaming/surfing, and 3ds Max Rendering/Computer Aided Design

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Parts Not Required / Existing: Key board, mouse, monitor, Samsung SSD 850Evo 120GB, Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB,

Hyper X Ram (https://www.kingston...X318C10F_8.pdf)
Silver Stone Strider 600W 80plus bronze (https://pricespy.co....t.php?p=1502620) <---- 3 years old

Overclocking: Unlikely

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments: Will be looking at getting an 11 series card when there out so a mother board that would work well with that would be great

Much thanks!

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:02 PM

You'll have to replace the RAM, as CPUs and motherboards these days use DDR4.

I think the PSU is probably fine.

The motherboard choice is rather unimportant, as long as it matches the CPU and has the features you want. It doesn't sound like you need any non-standard features, so it basically comes down to price and preferences (e.g. room for future upgrades).

For a CPU you're probably looking at something like an AMD Ryzen 5 or an Intel i5. I haven't looked up too many benchmarks or put together a list, but either should work well.

You should be able to easily get that within the budget.

• gamernz99 likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users