4 replies to this topic

George_f
  • George_f
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 13

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

Hello,

I put new paste on my cpu and now i get C0 errors on my motherboard it will only boot up if i change the ram out of dual channel.

cpu: i7 4790k

mb: GA-Z97X-Gaming 7

ram: Gkill 2x8 1866

I have had a look at the pins and they look ok I have added a picture of it I'm really not sure whats going on a lot of others have had the same problem but it was to do with bend pins but I just cant see any :(

Help! please!

Attached Files

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

I can't see any damaged pins either. Did you take the CPU out when you were putting new paste on (or cleaning off the old)? If not, I don't see how you could do any mechanical damage down there. If so, you'd probably have noticed if anything got in there that could have damaged them.

Could you have got some paste down around the pins? What about something in the memory socket? Does it only work on one particular channel, or does it work in either channel as long as it is in single-channel mode?

• George_f likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

safrane
  • safrane
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Inspect the pins by shining a torch and look at it with a magnifying glass. Look from all angles. If one is bent you can use tweezers to straighten it out.

Linus did a video about this a while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1H5_FVX9lU

• George_f likes this

George_f
  • George_f
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 13

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Once i got from work i fully disassembled the computer and put it all back together and it works fine now.... Its so weird.

The only thing i can think of that something was touching the board it shouldn't be like something from the watercooling. 

Edited by George_f, 25 November 2017 - 07:08 AM.

• LinuxUser likes this

George_f
  • George_f
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 13

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

Well looking at the first 2 images there maybe some paste there to the right! even tho its working now maybe it heated up and moved away or something. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users