|| Steam ||
|| My name does not have an "L" in it ||

damnwebsite
  • damnwebsite
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 294

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Oh i'd be more than interested, ill still looking to get rid of my 3930 -________________________________________________________-.

I want to make the switch to something like an matx, don't really like the idea of m-itx since i cant get stuff like a sound card at a low price/or something idk. since only 1spot for 1 graphics card

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

http://www.heatware.com/

The appraisals thread was supposed to be a covert version of this, I'm fairly sure the rules won't allow it. Seeing as TomSahz and LinuxUser are the only moderators though I think they should be able to veto the rules, we have a pretty good member base these days and I think a BST section would be more than viable.

Only conduct trades in person if the trader doesn't have feedback.

Oh i'd be more than interested, ill still looking to get rid of my 3930 -________________________________________________________-.

I want to make the switch to something like an matx, don't really like the idea of m-itx since i cant get stuff like a sound card at a low price/or something idk. since only 1spot for 1 graphics card

Get an external DAC/amp, seeing as you have a 3930K I daresay money isn't a huge issue for you :P
  • KrazyKap likes this

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

The appraisals thread was supposed to be a covert version of this, I'm fairly sure the rules won't allow it. Seeing as TomSahz and LinuxUser are the only moderators though I think they should be able to veto the rules, we have a pretty good member base these days and I think a BST section would be more than viable.

Heatware looks good. Slightly annoying having to keep track of yet another account, but I think it should do a good job of keeping feedback. Is it possible to leave fraudulent feedback? i.e. create a couple of extra accounts and give a few positive ratings? If so it might be best to use it in combination with a 'Trusted Traders List' a la GP.

https://pricespy.co....ut_member_rules Did I glance over it? I don't see anything in here with regards to user trading.
|| Big Bear || Viceroy || Viceroy Build Log || Peripherals ||
|| Steam ||

Scrypt
  • Scrypt
  • Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,017

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

I have my 'Stuff I'm Selling' list that's in my sig, with product condition and cost in the product comment. (C'mon, press it. Go ahead, It won't bite. :D ). Usually on this forum, bargain-hunting is based on interest, so if you use the Appraisal Thread when asking for fair resell prices of your components, that kind of indicates people that you are looking to sell for a fair price, as what happened with my board. There's no harm in having a Trade Thread dedicated to breaking what I believe to be the forum rule about trade advertising, to help avoid it in other threads. Go hard and hope the admins give it a fair go. ^_^ EDIT: Trading is not mentioned in the rules, per se, just discouraged based on advertising and spamming rules.
  • Unregistered1cfec07e likes this

PriceSpyNZ's Official Procractinator - bask in the never-updating BST Thread 'CERULEAN': Aerocool DS200 | Corsair TX650v2 | Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 | Intel Core i7 2600K @4GHz | Antec Kuhler 920 | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 @1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB | Crucial M500 240GB SSD + 4x WD Caviar Black 640GB HDD (RAID 0) | Windows 10 Pro  Dell Ultrasharp 29" 2560x1080 + 24" 1920x1080 | AAudio Technica ATH-M70X Headphones + Asus Xonar U7 | Logitech G910v2 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum  + Logitech G640 | Samsung Galalxy S8 || 'CERULEAN' || 'SNOW WHITE' || ----- || BUY/SELL/TRADE THREAD ||

damnwebsite
  • damnwebsite
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 294

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Only conduct trades in person if the trader doesn't have feedback.

Get an external DAC/amp, seeing as you have a 3930K I daresay money isn't a huge issue for you :P

it was like a maasssiiive impulse buy, and i actually had a use for the cores back then running craploads of vm, but i dont need/cant use it anymore so yeah... it's wasted power
i really want a 120+hz mon tho...

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

it was like a maasssiiive impulse buy, and i actually had a use for the cores back then running craploads of vm, but i dont need/cant use it anymore so yeah... it's wasted power
i really want a 120+hz mon tho...

Yeah I'd sure like a 120Hz monitor too, I'd like to experience it.

Heatware looks good. Slightly annoying having to keep track of yet another account, but I think it should do a good job of keeping feedback. Is it possible to leave fraudulent feedback? i.e. create a couple of extra accounts and give a few positive ratings? If so it might be best to use it in combination with a 'Trusted Traders List' a la GP.

https://pricespy.co....ut_member_rules Did I glance over it? I don't see anything in here with regards to user trading.

I don't have a clue, but fraudulent feedback could easily be circumvented by checking the usernames linked to the feedback against PriceSpy member usernames. If there is any uncertainty, it'd be wise to adopt a safe strategy (Only conduct trades in person if the trader doesn't have feedback.) just in case.

Unregistered263f631a
  • Unregistered263f631a
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'm looking to trade some toenail clippings for a GTX Titan, if anyone is interested.
  • benhanna and KrazyKap like this

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,915

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'd love a buy/sell/trade subforum, I'll see what can be done.
  • Unregistered40653, LinuxUser, Unregistered1cfec07e and 2 others like this

KrazyKap
  • KrazyKap
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,604

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Awesome, this will be very helpful :)

Just to let everyone know, I'll take offers for any parts in my Ghost rig, but I'm not looking to kick anything off too cheap yet.

My Rig: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Phanteks PH-TC12DX | i5 4670K | Asus Z97M-Plus | EVGA GTX 970 | 16GB Patriot RAM | Silverstone Strider Plus

Peripherals: AOC 12367Fh + LG Flatron 21.5" | AT-M50X + Samson Go Mic | CM Storm Quick Fire Pro - Cherry MX Red | Roccat Kone Pure

Jaysan_Theta
  • Jaysan_Theta

• PipPip
  • posts 123

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I also have a "selling" list in my signature (idea shamelessly stolen from Scrypt). buy my things pls
  • TomSahz and KrazyKap like this

KrazyKap
  • KrazyKap
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,604

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

I also have a "selling" list in my signature (idea shamelessly stolen from Scrypt). buy my things pls

Is this all sitting in a rig atm? For that price I would nab the 7950, but I don't think I'll be running crossfire in a mITX system... XD

*some of it in use atm, in Thor. OK :L
  • Jaysan_Theta likes this

My Rig: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Phanteks PH-TC12DX | i5 4670K | Asus Z97M-Plus | EVGA GTX 970 | 16GB Patriot RAM | Silverstone Strider Plus

Peripherals: AOC 12367Fh + LG Flatron 21.5" | AT-M50X + Samson Go Mic | CM Storm Quick Fire Pro - Cherry MX Red | Roccat Kone Pure

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Our job is to enforce the rules, not write them. But see below.

There was something that technically prohibited it, but that section was re-written to clarify that it applied to businesses. Which leaves nothing to do with this. However when we were discussing that with the admins they never responded to our questions about whether this was OK or not, nor about a buy/sell/trade forum. Hopefully we'll get a response this time, and hopefully it will be all good. Until then, I don't see a problem with this thread.
  • TomSahz likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Jaysan_Theta
  • Jaysan_Theta

• PipPip
  • posts 123

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Is this all sitting in a rig atm? For that price I would nab the 7950, but I don't think I'll be running crossfire in a mITX system... XD

*some of it in use atm, in Thor. OK :L

Some of it's in use at the moment, but I have enough parts collected that I could swap out any of the parts in the selling list.

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,915

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Maybe we don't even need a dedicated forum for this. The 'buying' and 'selling' lists in signatures is actually a really easy way to do this without it dominating the forum. Good idea!
  • Unregistered1cfec07e, Unregistered88103ce8 and Unregistered263f631a like this

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Our job is to enforce the rules, not write them. But see below.

There was something that technically prohibited it, but that section was re-written to clarify that it applied to businesses. Which leaves nothing to do with this. However when we were discussing that with the admins they never responded to our questions about whether this was OK or not, nor about a buy/sell/trade forum. Hopefully we'll get a response this time, and hopefully it will be all good. Until then, I don't see a problem with this thread.

I thought that was fishy! I was re-reading the rules over and over again last night because I could have sworn there was something that directly prohibited it. I guess they must have changed yes.

Maybe we don't even need a dedicated forum for this. The 'buying' and 'selling' lists in signatures is actually a really easy way to do this without it dominating the forum. Good idea!

While I mostly agree with this, it's a huge pain when PriceSpy doesn't list items that you're trying to sell :/

For sale I've got (all tubing/fitting sizes are 7/16" 5/8"):
  • 9x Monsoon matte black compression fittings. Looking for $7 each, that's less than half of CL's price.

Link: http://monsooncooling.com/fittings.php

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/bMdrJuAl.jpg

• 2x Monsoon matte black 90° rotary angle adapters. Looking for $7 each.

Link: http://monsooncooling.com/rotary.php

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/QQOGgSLl.jpg

• Bulk lot of white Primochill Advanced LRT tubing. Some is used but most is not, the stuff that was used was used with a KillCoil and distilled water so the likelihood of any contamination is low. It can also be washed easily. It'd be enough for all but the largest watercooling systems, and probably enough for two smaller systems. Looking for $10

Link: http://www.primochil...w&product_id=15

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/aC5MrnZl.jpg

• XSPC EX140 140mm radiator. Great condition. Looking for $30.

Link: http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-ex-series/ex140-single-fan-radiator

Picture: http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/full/282037951.jpg

• 3x Akasa Apache 140mm PWM fans. Looking for $20 for all of them, or $8 each.

Link: http://www.akasa.co....&model=AK-FN062

Picture: http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/full/282034906.jpg

• TomSahz likes this

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

It works, but because of reasons such as what Josh mentioned, I think a thread or forum would also be useful.

Because it's in a signature, it's only seen where you post, and in the case of some signatures, like mine, it probably gets lost in a sea of links. I also doubt I'll be checking peoples signatures every week to see if they've got something new for sale.

I'll work on setting up a thread for it, since the interest is definitely there, and if we can get a subforum for it, even better.
  • LinuxUser and KrazyKap like this
|| Big Bear || Viceroy || Viceroy Build Log || Peripherals ||
|| Steam ||

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,915

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yeah didn't think about stuff that wasnt listed, so a dedicated subforum would be good.
  • Unregistered1cfec07e and KrazyKap like this

eliongater
  • eliongater
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,181

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Wanted:
8gb (or more) Samsung 30nm ddr3 RAM
Steam Battlelog Raptr 404 So many Pixels so little Time: i5-3570k | Maximus V Gene | Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X | 8gb samsung | QNIX QX2710

Tom's DinDin Place™.

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

It works, but because of reasons such as what Josh mentioned, I think a thread or forum would also be useful.

Because it's in a signature, it's only seen where you post, and in the case of some signatures, like mine, it probably gets lost in a sea of links. I also doubt I'll be checking peoples signatures every week to see if they've got something new for sale.

I'll work on setting up a thread for it, since the interest is definitely there, and if we can get a subforum for it, even better.

A thread would not suffice. It would have to be a forum category or nothing.
  • LinuxUser and eliongater like this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

A thread would not suffice. It would have to be a forum category or nothing.

I agree. Also a forum category can have permissions applied (such as minimum post counts), so it is not totally dependent on Tom and me to enforce restrictions.
  • TomSahz, Unregistered1cfec07e, eliongater and 2 others like this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

damnwebsite
  • damnwebsite
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 294

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Unregistered61bfbdf6
  • Unregistered61bfbdf6
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 828

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Kinda related to computers (it works as a sound card) and I know there are a few guitar players here, I'm trying to sell a Line 6 UX1, want $150.

http://line6.com/podstudioux1/

I'll give you my account or gift you the extra amp models I have purchased and ofcause you get POD Farm free with it.

Unregistered40653
  • Unregistered40653

• PipPip
  • posts 117

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just an idea, maybe add the date it was last updated in your signature.
Eg. Selling (updated 19/9/13) or even just the date. Also maybe only update the date when adding things, not when removing things that have sold.
Other than that I agree a category would be best, and enforcing the minimum post counts (not that I'd make it lol)
FSP Aurum Pro 850W || ASUS P8Z77-V Pro || I5 3750k OC 4.4GHz || Noctua NH-C14 || 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz (4x4GB) || Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce (GV-R929OC-4GD) || Intel 330 180GB || NZXT Sentry Mesh 2 Fan Controller || QNIX QX2710 || to be continued...

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Minimum post counts is imperative. I would like to take another opportunity to promote the use of Heatware as well. The more preventative measures against scamming are taken, the safer our members will be.
  • TomSahz, LinuxUser and Unregisteredd11561a2 like this

damnwebsite
  • damnwebsite
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 294

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Minimum post counts is imperative. I would like to take another opportunity to promote the use of Heatware as well. The more preventative measures against scamming are taken, the safer our members will be.

hopefully that doesnt mean that the forum starts to receive spam in order to increase post count
what i'd rather do is do my trades in person though
  • TomSahz likes this

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Spam will be reported as usual, it wouldn't matter at all.
  • TomSahz and LinuxUser like this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yep, deleted posts don't help toward the post count. I think minimums on advertising something for sale are far more important than minimums on buying though (I'd probably go for about 50 – 100 and about 10 – 20 respectively myself, but we'll see).
  • TomSahz and KrazyKap like this

Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Unregistered1cfec07e
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,782

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Also, there is the possibility of having someone like myself who has traded with many users on PriceSpy play middleman. We could have a list of trusted middlemen in a sticky in the proposed forum category.
  • TomSahz and ryanc1256 like this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I've got a pretty good idea about what the middlemen would do, but would you like to describe it exactly to ensure I'm not messing up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users