Photo

Food processors and "stand mixers" are NOT the same thing ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Hrafn42
  • Hrafn42
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 36

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

... so why are they thrown together in the same category, with no apparent way to separate them apart?

It forces you to look at each thumbnail to tell which is which -- which is ludicrously inefficient.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,031

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

The best way to report this would be to use the "Feedback" button at the top-right of the relevant page. Doing so should direct the message to the relevant people, rather than posting here where it might or might not get seen, and then may need passing on to someone else.

But you have an excellent point.

• TomSahz likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Hrafn42
  • Hrafn42
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 36

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Done -- and thanks for the suggestion -- it did not occur to me that you could give feedback for a whole category.

Hrafn42
  • Hrafn42
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 36

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

I just came across this post whilst looking to make feedback on another category. I would note that  two and a half years later, they are still lumped together without any way of separating them other than visual inspection. It makes me wonder why I bother.

Unregistered2e44c5ab
  • Unregistered2e44c5ab
  • Queen of Internets

• posts 58

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

Hey guys :) Really sorry for the delay in replying to this, it should have been done a long time ago.

So, the category is called Stand Mixers & Kitchen Machines. The reason they are lumped together like this is because of overlapping functionality, and we were afraid that customers would miss certain products if we separated them. This is also the reason for there not being a filter option to separate them, they have overlapping features and it is (in some cases) not possible to separate them in a way that would ensure the best service for the customer.

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused.

/Emma

Hrafn42
  • Hrafn42
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 36

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:31 AM

"Overlapping functionality"/"overlapping features" is a REALLY AWFUL reason for lumping two fundamentally different kitchen appliances together.

Stand mixers, hand mixers, jug blenders, hand blenders, and even spice/coffee/nut grinders, ALL have a degree of functionality and/or features in common. That does not mean that they are not very different machines, both in terms of obviously different shape and design, and having very different strengths and combinations of functionalities.

This is a stand mixer, and nobody would mistake it for a food processor:

99428.jpg

This is a Food Processor and nobody would mistake it for a Stand Mixer:

2847809.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users