7 replies to this topic

saraida
  • saraida
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

aka ”The ”new” site: a not-completely-useless piece of crap”

Hi PriceSpy forum!

I thought I’d start a new thread to announce feature updates and changes to the site.

As of today we have reintroduced the price history details. This was one of the requests from our users that actually surprised us and we wanted to launch it as quickly as possible. 

The history data is now accessible via the price history graph by using the ”Show more” link and it displays the data pretty much like before. (See this Samsung Galaxy as an example https://pricespy.co.nz/product.php/statistics?p=4199926 ) We have received a lot of feedback on this feature and we would like to understand even more about how it’s used. Please let us know how this feature is useful to you and if you lack something from it.

When we’re on the topic of the history graph I would also like to mention that we have launched Price Trends on the New Zealand market. In the Mobile Phone, Laptop, Headphone and TV categories you will now be able to see a price prediction for two months beyond the current date. (It is still a limited feature that only works on products that we have listed for less than 2 years but more than 3 months). It’s intended to provide a guide as to how we expect the product’s price to develop, and as a feature to continue to help you make smarter shopping decisions. 

Feedback, thoughts and wishes are always welcome, use this thread or the feedback form on the site.

Sara

PriceSpy

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 276

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Not sure if it's available and I just can't see it. But is the pop out list coming back?

Edited by benhanna, 17 September 2018 - 03:42 PM.

7700k | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB | Asus ROG Z270i Gaming | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 1080 FE | DanCase A4-SFXv2, Corsair SF600, Noctua NH-L9i

Hrafn42
  • Hrafn42
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 36

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Hi saraida.

As the originator of this thread's subtitle, may I suggest that feature-comparison, not price-history, should be the more urgent issue on the 'new' site.

As I stated in the last thread:

Particularly, it makes grossly inefficient use of screen width. On my (27" 4k) screen only half the width is search results (like the old site, it has fixed width, but makes the problem even worse by taking up some of this width for filter options). It also seems to allow a maximum of four columns apart from product description and price. This is a real problem, as filter categories are often sparsely populated, so you frequently have to eyeball them, rather than being able to simply filter for them (particularly as unpopulated category entries get eliminated by any filter on that category).

This very much gives the appearance of a UI dumbed down to fit on mobile screens.

This opinion seems to be backed up by this comment (also from the last thread):

Oh, and I utterly LOATHE having a filter on the side of the screen. It makes you scroll like a maniac to see your search options. The filter on the top of the screen is the ONLY good place to have it.

And how can I compare stuff with the new site? I CAN'T. It's about THE MOST IMPORTANT feature of pricespy. Being able to compare and base purchase decisions on that. It's absolutely insane what pricespy is doing. What happened to the Titanic will be nothing compared to where pricespy is headed.

If you wish to reduce the number of ongoing feces comparisons, may I suggest that you put a priority on improving the feature comparison engine to at least the level of the old site (at bare minimum), or better yet improving on them (a new site that does no better than the old site on such a core functionality is unlikely to win many plaudits).

saraida
  • saraida
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:01 AM

Not sure if it's available and I just can't see it. But is the pop out list coming back?

Hi benhanna!

Lists and alerts are currently only accessible via the menu.  We are looking into the next step for these features, which will be a component for more easy access while browsing PriceSpy. Thank you for letting us know that its a feature that is important to you!

Sara

saraida
  • saraida
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hi Hfafn42!

We appreciate all feedback, and we do our best to carefully balance which features we prioritize. We have a lot of different kinds of users and we try to put our efforts where it will benefit the most (or where we can do something quickly for a smaller group as was the case with the price history details).

The feature-comparison list was the first thing we worked on after analyzing the feedback on the release; and we took quite a few steps to better align that experience with the classic site. But as you said, we still have a few things on our todo list. We want to continue creating a more responsive site overall, which includes a better overview of the feature-comparison list by better utilizing bigger screens. I can’t say when this will happen but it is definitely something that is high on our priority list.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Sara

PriceSpy

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 276

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hi benhanna!

Lists and alerts are currently only accessible via the menu.  We are looking into the next step for these features, which will be a component for more easy access while browsing PriceSpy. Thank you for letting us know that its a feature that is important to you!

Sara

Thanks for the reply Sara,

In my humble opinion it's become a very integral part PriceSpy. Being able to have the list open while browsing items on the website and simply dragging them into the list. Being able to re-arrange the lists by dragging items up or down. Having the list on the single scroll-able page is also very handy. I don't think anyone wants to click 'next page arrows' on their lists.

• TomSahz likes this

7700k | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB | Asus ROG Z270i Gaming | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 1080 FE | DanCase A4-SFXv2, Corsair SF600, Noctua NH-L9i

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,903

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

Is it me, or does the product search bar not work from the forum?

• LinuxUser likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,005

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

It hasn't worked for me from the forum for ages, probably a couple of years or more. I'm not sure what the problem is...

• TomSahz likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users