• posts 5

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Honestly, this looks like needy customer syndrome.

The product number listed on their website matches the product they delivered to you. They finally gave in to your neediness and gave you the extras free of charge, then you refuse to remove a negative review.

Alphacity could have treated you better earlier on, but I'm fully on their side here. They have done absolutely nothing wrong. They were not arrogant. You were.
  • MassaHarri, Unregistered40653, ArchSerpo and 9 others like this
|| Big Bear || Viceroy || Viceroy Build Log || Peripherals ||
|| Steam ||
|| My name does not have an "L" in it ||

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

I was also slightly confused when I received my 840 Evo, as I knew full well that it wasn't going to come with a bracket or usb adapter, but the manual seemed to suggest that it did, however I found somewhere in small print saying that you need to buy it as a kit to get these.

Also,

Date Ordered: Wednesday 04 December, 2013

Really?

I personally think AlphaCity are awesome for giving into your requests, and keeping contact for an issue from half a year ago.
Computers: Sirius | HP 650 15" Celeron Laptop
Mobile Devices: OnePlus One 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB White | Cheap 10.1" Android Tablet | HP Touchpad
Stuff Ralph54 owes me: 1GB Black USB Stick | SATA 3 cable | IDE/SATA to USB | 8GB Black USB Stick

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I've got an idea, maybe I should arrogantly complain to AlphaCity that my 840 Evo is 1MB/s slower than they said it would be, then they will supply me with another 4 drives and a raid controller to get a suitable speed.
  • James4832 likes this
Mobile Devices: OnePlus One 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB White | Cheap 10.1" Android Tablet | HP Touchpad
Stuff Ralph54 owes me: 1GB Black USB Stick | SATA 3 cable | IDE/SATA to USB | 8GB Black USB Stick

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

I've got an idea, maybe I should arrogantly complain to AlphaCity that my 840 Evo is 1MB/s slower than they said it would be, then they will supply me with another 4 drives and a raid controller to get a suitable speed.

Not even the same thing. The drive supplied to him was the drive listed on the site. It didn't include any extras because there aren't any for that product number. If you got a drive that runs slower than manufacturer spec that's just the manufacturer running their drive under perfect conditions, like a car that can do 0-100KPH in 2.8 seconds... *downhill, with slick tyres and racing fuel, while completely mincing the clutch.
  • LinuxUser likes this
|| Steam ||

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Not even the same thing. The drive supplied to him was the drive listed on the site. It didn't include any extras because there aren't any for that product number. If you got a drive that runs slower than manufacturer spec that's just the manufacturer running their drive under perfect conditions, like a car that can do 0-100KPH in 2.8 seconds... *downhill, with slick tyres and racing fuel, while completely mincing the clutch.

But as just a consumer, I don't know that! I feel conned! Give me back my money!
  • Jaysan_Theta likes this

mrac
  • mrac
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 23

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

How is this Alphacity's fault? If you think anyone is at fault it should be Samsung, as they actually create and package the product. Alphacity is just a retailer. You also received FREE products, yet you are still not satisfied? What more can they do for a customer that didnt read the product title? Give you the drive for free I suppose.

When I bought my Crucial m4, all I received was the drive. This was no surprise because my PC case provides everything neccessary for internal installation (it needed one screw). There really is no issue because you are purchasing computer components intended for internal use. This is not meant to be connected by usb port to be used externally. 'Correct data transfer' , your words, would be via SATA cable. Even the product title says SATA, with absolutely no mention on USB connectivity.
  • Unregistered40653, LinuxUser and Word Of Madness like this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Alpha City is not at fault here. Samsung might be. You almost definitely are.

Alpha City is not responsible for any material that Samsung supplies with the drive. Apparently it was only the material included with the drive that seems to say that you should have certain things included with it, not anything on Samsung's or Alpha City's websites.

If Samsung's material included with the drive indicates that it should include it but it doesn't then Samsung is at fault. However it would seem to me that Samsung simply includes a manual that is the same for all the different versions, some of which include such accessories. They indicate that some include things and some do not, and therefore are probably not at fault unless it is actually misleading as to what is included with a given package / kit (which is not likely).

Also, you are almost definitely at fault, for multiple reasons.
You hold Alpha City responsible for Samsung's materials, which you probably misread.
You would not listen to what they were trying to tell you – and they were right.
The box that the drive came in is nowhere near large enough to include such items, so there is no way they are meant to be included with that drive / model.
None of said parts are necessary, because the normal method of connection is via SATA, SATA cables generally come with motherboards, and most cases supply the necessary mounting hardware. With a desktop there is almost zero point in using a USB-to-SATA cable to transfer data over – just plug it in!

You can easily edit your review by clicking in the box where you wrote your review initially.

"Rather later the store arrogantly told me that I should contact them before so posting..." They did no such thing at all unless you haven't posted it there, which is highly unlikely.

I do not like them asking you to remove your review (however there is nothing wrong with them doing so), but I like your attitude in your response to that far less.
  • MassaHarri, S0up2up, itakestime and 1 other like this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

MassaHarri
  • MassaHarri
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 930

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Unfortunately, I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this. Alphacity didn't really do anything wrong. You are rather foolish to paste all that personal information on the internet. If you wanted the full retail box with all accessories, then you probably should have spent the $400 at Dick Smith or Noel Leeming.

Your taxi and wheels comment unfortunately made you look really stupid, and I apologize in advance if you take offence to that.
  • LinuxUser and itakestime like this

SammyD
  • SammyD
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 828

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Can I have the TLDR version? Or is it not that exciting?
  • TomSahz likes this

mrac
  • mrac
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 23

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

TLDR: I made a fool of myself and I got more than what I paid for.
  • LinuxUser, Harleh, tehkhop and 1 other like this

Unregistered40653
  • Unregistered40653

• PipPip
  • posts 117

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

If you look on the documentation "Installation Guide" on the back page this is what you'll see

Attached File  SSD Contents.jpg   2.78MB   11 downloads

I don't think you will find the "840 EVO For Laptop PC Upgrade" or "840 EVO For Desktop PC Upgrade" sold by any retailer in NZ.
  • TomSahz, MassaHarri, LinuxUser and 3 others like this
FSP Aurum Pro 850W || ASUS P8Z77-V Pro || I5 3750k OC 4.4GHz || Noctua NH-C14 || 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz (4x4GB) || Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce (GV-R929OC-4GD) || Intel 330 180GB || NZXT Sentry Mesh 2 Fan Controller || QNIX QX2710 || to be continued...

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,903

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

You should definitely remove all that personal information, I can't fathom why anyone would feel fine posting so much information including the combination of their name/email/address/mobile phone number/business. Identity theft is real and this sort of thing makes it too easy.

AlphaCity pointed out to you that you selected one of three product variations for that drive. The one you selected is simply the drive by itself. The other ones include the neccessary items for migrating data or first time SSD installation in the absence of parts which often come with purchase of the case or motherboard. Its assumed that if you are just buying the drive (and paying the corresponding lower price) then you do not require these extras. In this case AlphaCity went above and beyond by providing you items that you did not pay for, due to a misunderstanding on your part. Many stores would simply have sent you the link for the kit upgrade after explaining to you what AC did. I think they handled the situation well.

I don't think a store should ask a user to remove or alter their review, but I do think that users should be honest enough to remove or alter their own reviews when new information comes to light that shows they are actually in the wrong.

Edited by TomSahz, 07 July 2014 - 07:14 PM.

• MassaHarri, Unregistered40653, LinuxUser and 2 others like this

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'll be frank.
All you've done is made yourself look stupid.

If you can show me any point, at which you were told that the package you were getting included those extras, then I'll take that back.

Also, would is it an invasion of privacy to post these private convos online?

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

You should definitely remove all that personal information, I can't fathom why anyone would feel fine posting so much information including the combination of their name/address/mobile phone number/business. Identity theft is real and this sort of thing makes it too easy.

I've totally not found him on Facebook where he also posted his embarrassing "rant".

Ironically, he posted this as well:

Attached File  1958356_10202269438669855_3468161861714686052_n.jpg   21.8KB   4 downloads

Edit: In fairness, his cat photos are quite good.
  • MassaHarri, apple cupcakes, LinuxUser and 5 others like this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Also, would is it an invasion of privacy to post these private convos online?

No. But he is choosing to post his own personal information, which he is allowed to do. I just forgot to comment about it when I first posted, but I did intend to.

Edited by LinuxUser, 07 July 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

No. But he is choosing to post his own personal information, which he is allowed to do.

But with the AlphaCity stuff? Don't they have any rights as to disclosure of the conversation?

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Why would they? It doesn't include any information about any of them, other than the first names of two or three staff members (questionable, but probably fine).

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Just realised how apt the title of this thread is.
  • MassaHarri and LinuxUser like this

Word Of Madness
  • Word Of Madness
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,186

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

You should definitely remove all that personal information, I can't fathom why anyone would feel fine posting so much information including the combination of their name/email/address/mobile phone number/business. Identity theft is real and this sort of thing makes it too easy.

I've totally not found him on Facebook where he also posted his embarrassing "rant".

Exactly. Now you've got Tekhop stalking you on Facebook.

Can I have the TLDR version? Or is it not that exciting?

TL:DR for Sammy or anyone else who doesn't want to filter through several pages of emails of a grown man having a cry about how he got something wrong: Guy orders SSD from Alphacity. SSD arrives in post. SSD revieved matches the SSD product listed on the Alphacity website. Guy believes SSD should include extra items which are not listed to be included with the product. An easy accident for anyone ignorant to tech could make. The difference is he goes and moans to AlphaCity about it until they finally give up and send him the extras for free. Guy still isn't happy.
  • MassaHarri, apple cupcakes, LinuxUser and 4 others like this
|| Steam ||

SammyD
  • SammyD
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 828

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

TL:DR for Sammy or anyone else who doesn't want to filter through several pages of emails of a grown man having a cry about how he got something wrong: Guy orders SSD from Alphacity. SSD arrives in post. SSD revieved matches the SSD product listed on the Alphacity website. Guy believes SSD should include extra items which are not listed to be included with the product. An easy accident for anyone ignorant to tech could make. The difference is he goes and moans to AlphaCity about it until they finally give up and send him the extras for free. Guy still isn't happy.

Cheers Word. I actually had the same thing happen with me and AlphaCity, but the difference was they had it listed on their website that it came with a HDD to SSD bracket, I questioned it, they sent me one for free and corrected their website. They seem like a good bunch to me except for the overpriced shipping to the south island, which still works out to be less than other stores half the time.

Jaysan_Theta
  • Jaysan_Theta

• PipPip
  • posts 123

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Posted Image
Cat is disappointed in Pilgrim
  • MassaHarri, S0up2up, itakestime and 1 other like this

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 276

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

AlphaCity is a great store to deal with. They acted commendably in this situation.
  • itakestime, Jaysan_Theta and Unregistered766d33ff like this

7700k | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB | Asus ROG Z270i Gaming | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 1080 FE | DanCase A4-SFXv2, Corsair SF600, Noctua NH-L9i

TomSahz
  • TomSahz
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 2,903

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Once Pilgrim comes back to this thread I have a feeling the next target will be PriceSpy and/or it's users... :S

Edited by TomSahz, 08 July 2014 - 09:47 AM.

• MassaHarri, LinuxUser, itakestime and 3 others like this

Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

SammyD
  • SammyD
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 828

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay. Just take a seat over there next to Tekhop, he'll show you how things work around here.
  • S0up2up likes this

MassaHarri
  • MassaHarri
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 930

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

I do so apologise if I have high standards for customer service.

No amount of customer service can fix this.

Posted Image
  • LinuxUser, S0up2up, itakestime and 2 others like this

Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

S0up2up
  • S0up2up
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,298

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Nonsense people.
I did not nag Alpha-they reacted to a negative review and sent me about $3.00 worth of useless parts-not even Samsung parts-to avoid bad publicity.
After this length of time they thought I hadn't mounted the drive?
Please.
All it would have taken was to refund my money or offer an upgrade but that was not done.
I do so apologise if I have high standards for customer service.

So you had a whinge about $3 worth of parts, that don't even come with the pack you ordered?!? How cheap are you?

Also come on man, high standards demanded of a supplier, can only be demanded by a competent shopper. Which you have clearly proven not to be.

It says "You should contact us before placing a 1-star feedback. "
And I had contacted them.

It was less than a week since the order was placed, that you placed the crappy feedback, and arguably they were still trying to work through the situation with you.

Alpha is not responsible-please check consumer law-the retailer is responsible for what they sell/

Yes for what they sell, it doesn't say on the external packaging of the unit nor on their website that the drive comes with those accessories. There is an upgrade kit you can buy if you do want those units.

This has been the way with Samsung since their first series SSD (830 drives, and then only the US sold units came with the accessories).
  • MassaHarri, LinuxUser, itakestime and 3 others like this

Rig: Corsair 350D | i7 4770K | 16gb Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x Sapphire R9 290X (CrossfireX) | 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256 (Raid 0) | Seasonic Platinum 1000W | Intel AC 7260 Wireless Card.
Cooling: EK Supremacy Full Nickel (Mounted direct die) | EK 290X full block (Acetal/ Nickel) | Acrylic hard tubing | XSPC PWM D5 | Corsair SP120 PWM fans - Quiet Edition | Bitspower C47 fittings
Gadgets: iPhone 6 64Gb

S0up2up
  • S0up2up
  • Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 3,298

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

It says "You should contact us before placing a 1-star feedback. "
And I had contacted them.

It was less than a week since the order was placed, that you placed the crappy feedback, and arguably they were still trying to work through the situation with you.

Alpha is not responsible-please check consumer law-the retailer is responsible for what they sell/

Yes for what they sell, it doesn't say on the external packaging of the unit nor on their website that the drive comes with those accessories. There is an upgrade kit you can buy if you do want those units.

This has been the way with Samsung since their first series SSD (830 drives, and then only the US sold units came with the accessories).

Rig: Corsair 350D | i7 4770K | 16gb Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x Sapphire R9 290X (CrossfireX) | 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256 (Raid 0) | Seasonic Platinum 1000W | Intel AC 7260 Wireless Card.
Cooling: EK Supremacy Full Nickel (Mounted direct die) | EK 290X full block (Acetal/ Nickel) | Acrylic hard tubing | XSPC PWM D5 | Corsair SP120 PWM fans - Quiet Edition | Bitspower C47 fittings
Gadgets: iPhone 6 64Gb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users