• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

chelleto
  • chelleto
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:27 AM

I am shocked that a company like this can operate:

I ordered a pink iphone 5c and specifically added a message on my order that if there were no pink ones to kindly refund my money and cancel the order. almost 10 days later I received a BLUE phone with a fake charger and a fake cable, the charger and cable don charge the phone so I tried to charge the phone with an original charger and cable from another iphone and it did charge but the battery some day last 2 hours and some days the entire day. 

I have sent multiple messages to the seller asking for a solution and all I get is automatic replies that have nothing to do with the content of my messages.

If you read this, I strongly recommend to stay away from kiwiskymall, they are not the type of business that we should have in NZ

Shame on you kiwiskymall.co.nz

• Randydandy likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

Here's a thread that might have some helpful suggestions, although you may have already seen it: https://pricespy.co....p?showtopic=652. I hope everything gets sorted out for you.

• TomSahz likes this

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

z0bug004
  • z0bug004
  • Rookie

• posts 6

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

I am shocked that a company like this can operate:

I ordered a pink iphone 5c and specifically added a message on my order that if there were no pink ones to kindly refund my money and cancel the order. almost 10 days later I received a BLUE phone with a fake charger and a fake cable, the charger and cable don charge the phone so I tried to charge the phone with an original charger and cable from another iphone and it did charge but the battery some day last 2 hours and some days the entire day. 

I have sent multiple messages to the seller asking for a solution and all I get is automatic replies that have nothing to do with the content of my messages.

If you read this, I strongly recommend to stay away from kiwiskymall, they are not the type of business that we should have in NZ

Shame on you kiwiskymall.co.nz

skip the disputes tribunal, too much effort and takes too long. The threat of a charge back is more than enough to make most merchants sit up and pay attention, failing that, actually go through with the chargeback! You are ethically" bound to return the iPhone after the chargeback though.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,999

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Yes, a chargeback is definitely the route to go if you can. But that requires you to have paid by credit card (or the functionally identical, disputing a transaction on PayPal), and there are time limits too – which can expire when dealing with slow traders.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Randydandy
  • Randydandy
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 11

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I presume you havent used PayPal as they state you can only pay with ASB via eWay merchant processing.  If you cant get any joy out of contacting them, then you'll need to go through the Disputes Tribunal http://www.justice.g.../making-a-claim it really isn't that hard, perhaps it may not be swift but mediation will help you resolve  your issues ($45 to bring a claim, which may be ordered to be recovered from the defendant).

And for the record: No, merchants aren't really all that scared of a chargeback threat unless they hav defrauded you. Some people on this forum have no clue what they are talking about. Banks don't just go around reversing transactions because a purchaser has a dispute with the seller. But as you have received an incorrect colour, you have essentially received the incorrect goods and your chargeback request may be accepted. Note that if your transaction is reversed and you don't return the item, you can be done for theft.

Read about chargebacks here:

http://www.consumera...ard-chargebacks

http://www.nzba.org....2012.05.WEB.PDF

I did a bit of intelligence work and the plot thickens:

Their bank payment details state EStore NZ Limited - this company does not exist on the NZ Companies register. If you put this as the reference in your bank payment as Payee then you have essentially made an incorrect payment. If you paid via bank then check your bank and tell them that the Payee account should've been EStore NZ Limited, if not then you have made an error in payment so they should reverse the transaction (based on a technicality).

Here are their details of company incorporation - It's not EStore NZ Ltd actually NZSALE168 LIMITED

https://www.business...mpanies/3423736

Here are their NZ contact details. They are not displayed anywhere on their website and neither is their real trading name -what are they trying to hide??:

NZSale 168 Ltd

Haibin WU (Director)

22a Cambrai Ave

Mt Roskill Auckland 1041 

NZ (NEW ZEALAND) +64  98383528

+64 21 0358242
Email:  nzsale1314@hotmail.com

Other address known:
Office C Level 1, 342 Great North Road, Henderson, Auckland, 0612 , New Zealand
37 Tui Street, Point Chevalier, Auckland, 1022 , New Zealand

There also is no mention of GST, yet their accounts are based in NZ, their turnover will be well over $60,000 p.a. which is the minimum required for GST registration.

Did you get a GST invoice?

Edited by LinuxUser, 14 September 2015 - 08:18 AM.

Randydandy
  • Randydandy
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 11

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

Edited by LinuxUser, Today, 09:18 AM.

Can you PM what was edited thanks

iludez
  • iludez

• PipPip
  • posts 104

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

Randydandy im curious as to why you are going to bat for these companies that have clearly done some dodgy dealings.

• TomSahz and LinuxUser like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users