Steering Wheels for Gaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Unregistered66dc8b72
  • Unregistered66dc8b72

• PipPip
  • posts 190

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

I've been wanting to buy a new steering wheel for simulator games, and the likes of F1 2015/2016.

I have previously bought the G920 for xbox/pc and my experience was rubbish as it didnt work properly with any of my games, and it kept falling off the desk due to not having a back clamp. However this is not a thread dedicated to the G920.

I'm looking at the Thrustmaster TMX, which looks very good, but pricey if you want the stick shift/ 3 pedal combo.

With F1 2016 coming out soon, and the forza series too (as i have an xbox 1 aswell) is what i want to play, maybe even get into some project cars/ iracing.

Cheers all.

Sury
  • Sury
  • Amateur

• PipPip
  • posts 67

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

While I can't really recommend any other wheels/pedals, all I can say from experience is that Fanatec have good stuff.

I saved up for months (Couple months of work) and ended up getting Fanatec wheel/pedals/gear shifter.

I was going to get Thrustmaster wheel/pedals initially, but decide I wasn't going to upgrade wheels and pedals, so bit the bullet and went Fanatec.

While it was expensive, it was well worth it...

Sadly Fanatec v2 stuff is far more expensive than the v1 Clubsport stuff I got, but if you found anyone selling these it's definitely worth looking at.

Corsair 750D | Asus Z97 Deluxe(NFC & WLC) | Intel i7 4690K | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte G1 980TI | Samsung 840 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | WD Blue 1TB | Sound Blaster Z | Corsair AX1200i | Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fans
Custom Water Cooled: EK GPU Block | Koolance 380i CPU Block | Bitspower Fittings | Bitspower 150 Upgrade Kit | Bitspower D5 Mod Top | Bitspower D5 Mod Kit | SwifTech D5 Pump | PrimoChill Compression Fittings | Primochill PETG Tubing

lewisreed
  • lewisreed
  • Rookie

• posts 3

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:57 PM

I'm new to sim racing. I've got a Logitech G series with 3 pedals.

Which games have a functioning clutch?

Sury
  • Sury
  • Amateur

• PipPip
  • posts 67

Posted 25 April 2021 - 03:08 PM

I can not say for sure as I haven't tried all sim games, but most sim racing games will have a functioning clutch.
It will be more about the vehicles you drive on whether the clutch will be used.

Eg: iRacing, V8 Holden and Ford Mustang just like in the real cars, you only use the clutch when downshifting. Think it has something to do with the sequentially gears in the cars.

These games for sure utilise the clutch.

Assetto Corsa
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (not racing)
iRacing
Project Cars (1,2,3)

• lewisreed likes this

Corsair 750D | Asus Z97 Deluxe(NFC & WLC) | Intel i7 4690K | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte G1 980TI | Samsung 840 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | WD Blue 1TB | Sound Blaster Z | Corsair AX1200i | Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fans
Custom Water Cooled: EK GPU Block | Koolance 380i CPU Block | Bitspower Fittings | Bitspower 150 Upgrade Kit | Bitspower D5 Mod Top | Bitspower D5 Mod Kit | SwifTech D5 Pump | PrimoChill Compression Fittings | Primochill PETG Tubing

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users