• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

seekwn
  • seekwn
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

HI

This is an email that I sent to Canon NZ.
"Hi.

I have been a canon camera user for a long time -usually one of the compact digital models.

Unlike a lot of people who prefer to use their smart phones to take pictures, I prefer to us a compact digital camera and always a Canon.

However a look at your new range of compact cameras has disturbed me somewhat, as it looks as though any IXUS or POWERSHOT models are quite expensive from these models in the last few years.

It looks as though here in NZ there is nothing cheaper than $169 (on canon Shop online).

So the question I am asking is this- Did Canon HQ in Japan decide to all cheaper cameras from the 2017 product line, rather than Canon Australia/NZ?

If so, is this a sign that there will be no more cheaper compact digital cameras available from Canon worldwide?

I would appreciate clarification please.

Thank you 

Looking forward to your reply.

Alistair Clarke

Levin
NZ"

And their reply as follows:
cctechsupport@canon.com.au

"Hi Alistair,
Thanks for the constructive thoughts and I apologise for any inconvenience.

Please be informed that Canon sell products to customers or end-users. As Canon New Zealand is a wholesaler of Canon products, we only make a suggestion or recommendation for the retail price of the product. Prices are set by dealers at their discretion. It is up to individual retailers or stores on how much they sell Canon products for, and we do not have any control of it.

If you require further information or assistance please reply to this email or contact Canon on 0800 222 666, select option 1 and quote reference ####.

Regards,

Raymund Rimando
Customer Service Representative
Customer Support
Canon New Zealand Ltd
P: 0800 222 666 | W: www.canon.co.nz 
Social: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube"

Can anyone enlighten me about this please?

Thank You

Alistair Clarke
Levin

Edited by LinuxUser, 24 February 2017 - 02:35 PM.
Remove reference number

benhanna
  • benhanna
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 276

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

I can enlighten you.

The difference between a decent camera phone and a sub $169 point and shoot is going to be so marginal that most camera manufactures are not bothering to produce them any more.

• LinuxUser likes this

7700k | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB | Asus ROG Z270i Gaming | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 1080 FE | DanCase A4-SFXv2, Corsair SF600, Noctua NH-L9i

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 8,943

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

I've removed the Canon support reference number – such things could be used for no good by people other than yourself (although in this instance I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem, as it is regarding a simple product enquiry).

I can enlighten you.

The difference between a decent camera phone and a sub $169 point and shoot is going to be so marginal that most camera manufactures are not bothering to produce them any more.

Pretty much this. However, even in that price range it'll have a larger sensor, larger (and better) lens, adjustable aperture and at least some optical zoom.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

Runnerman
  • Runnerman
  • Rookie

• posts 4

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:49 AM

Smartphones have completely killed the market for point and shoots. 

Get yourself a mirrorless camera, or if you must go with a casual point and shoot then at least get one with a 1" sensor or bigger such as the Sony RX100 series. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users