• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

damnwebsite
  • damnwebsite
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 294

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

There should be a function which shows the price of an item according to a certain store, for example if i choose pc force, the lists will only choose what the shop has in stock and for how much the shop stocks it for.

The reason why i say this suggestion is because some shops items price are just really low compared to other ones, and i cant really see a correct price gap, and it would also help if you live near a certain shop and you want to browse what they have on pricespy

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Well, I'd sooner sort by a range of stores (possibly favourite stores), but that would potentially be easier to implement, and would kind of work for that.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-10,13

PCGamer
  • PCGamer
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 439

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

could we have filters on most popular and latest price drops etc. please

vijil
  • vijil
  • Rookie

• posts 5

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Missing filter for tablets and phones: Stylus, and within that, pressure sensitivity.

I need a tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus and I know some models of the lenovo thinkpad tablet have one, but can't tell which from the filters or the product specs. There's also at least one phone (the Galaxy Note) about to come out that has a stylus.

Edited by vijil, 05 September 2011 - 02:06 PM.

PCGamer
  • PCGamer
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 439

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

filter for all in ones and/or laptops (i know one doesn't have it and the other might), screen panel type eg. IPS, TN, PVA

jsl_80
  • jsl_80
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

filter for all in ones and/or laptops (i know one doesn't have it and the other might), screen panel type eg. IPS, TN, PVA

Thanks for the suggestion! Information about the panel type is however rarely found in the specifications for laptops. You can perhaps find it in some in-depth reviews etc. but most products would probably be left with an empty value here so I'm not sure if it would be so useful.

BTW if you have suggestions for new filters I recommend that you use the Report button in the category on Pricespy (in the upper right on the screen) :P

Outlander_04
  • Outlander_04
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 553

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

I thought the whole idea of pricespy was to compare prices between competing sellers?

If you want to buy from a particular shop then JUST GO CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE where you will find all the information you need about the products they stock

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

No, part of the point is also to compare products.

Recommended Power Supplies Recommended review sites Why stores shouldn't be removed RAM voltage

i5 7400, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, 16 GB DDR4, integrated graphics, Adata XPG SX8200 480 GB (NVMe), 3x Kingston SSDNow KC380 120 GB, Corsair MX100 128 GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, DVD writer, all inside a wood case I built, Dell U2412M 24", U2311H 23" IPS and Philips 150B4 15" monitors, wood-bodied mouse, Dvorak keyboard, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Windows 8.1 Pro in a VB VM inside Linux

I may occasionally give advice regarding (consumer) law, but it is only my opinion based on my reading – I am not a lawyer.

PCGamer
  • PCGamer
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 439

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

BTW if you have suggestions for new filters I recommend that you use the Report button in the category on Pricespy (in the upper right on the screen) :P

Thanks for the tip

Outlander_04
  • Outlander_04
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 553

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

No, part of the point is also to compare products.

He doesnt want to compare products .
He wants to compare products on that website .

This seems like a no brainer to me

PCGamer
  • PCGamer
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 439

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

If you want to buy from a particular shop then JUST GO CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE where you will find all the information you need about the products they stock

Sorry No, you can't find nearly all the reviews for the product, Swedish User Reviews, and half the information found in the details section

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

He doesnt want to compare products .
He wants to compare products on that website .

This seems like a no brainer to me

Who said? That is comparing products, you said so yourself and contradicted yourself.

Unregistered69621887
  • Unregistered69621887
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 12

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

It would be nice to be able to see physical store locations on a map from PriceSpy Raw, and from the stores list.

Maeur1
  • Maeur1
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 324

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

I was thinking, it would be cool if there was some sort of orginiser for lists, like so if your list is for a computer, you could have a computer case and then like a flow chart going out to components like cpu, mobo, ram, etc. so that you dont forget to accidentally forget to add, lets say a power supply or something like that. I think i haven't done a good job of explaining it, ill try to find a pic so that i can show what i mean.

THE BEAST: I5 2500k | 8gb HyperX Blue | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | Sapphire Dual X R9 280X | FSP Group Aurum 600W | Antec DF-85 | Crucial M4 120gb SSD | 3x 1TB Hard Drives |

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

I think I understand what you mean, but I don't really think it is suitable as there would be many computers that wouldn't have some of the parts, or would have parts it wouldn't list. Basically, I think that if you are going to get into that (if it is what I'm thinking), you are really best to implement it as a "design your computer" type thing. But it is a good idea, and I may look at doing it in a separate website, especially if I can get some form of either API or other integration with PriceSpy for filtering and choosing parts.

Maeur1
  • Maeur1
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 324

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

sorry if this has already been posted, but it would be nice if we could see links to the actual parts website, like you goto a mobo page and then it has a link to the asus website (if its asus) to see its full specs, because i feel there isnt many mobos with their full specs on this site.

THE BEAST: I5 2500k | 8gb HyperX Blue | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | Sapphire Dual X R9 280X | FSP Group Aurum 600W | Antec DF-85 | Crucial M4 120gb SSD | 3x 1TB Hard Drives |

ickarumba1
  • ickarumba1
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 633

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

There usually is a link to the manufacturer's website right at the bottom. However, with so many products, it's difficult to keep track of which ones have the correct specs, and which ones don't.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Yes, there generally is a link. But I believe you should be able to add one if there isn't, as with other data – which helps others, and possibly you in the future, especially seeing you've already gone to the work of finding the data if you have.

Erelyes
  • Erelyes

• PipPip
  • posts 106

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Unsure if this has been suggested...

Today I was looking at graphics cards and filtered by "GTX 570" and "In stock?". And sorted results by price.

However all the lowest prices are where it's out of stock at that particular retailer, but in stock elsewhere at a higher price.

Can we change the 'in stock' filter - so that rather than omitting products that aren't in stock anywhere, it omits retailers that don't stock that particular product?

That way when I do the search above, the lowest price (and first result that comes up) will actually be the lowest stocked price which is ofc what is important!
  • Gractus likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

Yes, that is important. If that can be implemented, then what about adding the ability to sort to find the lowest price as the stores selected in the filters as well? They are very similar, and it should be easy to implement one if the other is done.

Edited by LinuxUser, 16 November 2011 - 09:19 AM.

• Gractus likes this

Erelyes
  • Erelyes

• PipPip
  • posts 106

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

Exactly. In fact i think if the "In stock?" filter was changed to be retailer-specific rather than product-specific, it would achieve that.
  • Gractus likes this

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

Exactly. In fact i think if the "In stock?" filter was changed to be retailer-specific rather than product-specific, it would achieve that.

Yes, but the issue is actually with the sorting, not the filtering. It is sorting by the lowest price on the product all the time, not just of the prices that are applicable. It must be possible to ignore stores when filtering, because or stores like OC Zone, but I know that is slightly different.

fehrlund
  • fehrlund
  • Developer

• posts 67

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Unsure if this has been suggested...

Today I was looking at graphics cards and filtered by "GTX 570" and "In stock?". And sorted results by price.

However all the lowest prices are where it's out of stock at that particular retailer, but in stock elsewhere at a higher price.

Can we change the 'in stock' filter - so that rather than omitting products that aren't in stock anywhere, it omits retailers that don't stock that particular product?

That way when I do the search above, the lowest price (and first result that comes up) will actually be the lowest stocked price which is ofc what is important!

We cant actually omit retailers, but we can show the lowest price in stock in the list.
This has been brought up internally and I believe we were in consensus that this was simply the right thing to do. Just a matter of someone having a little spare time to look at it.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

I don't know how this might work, but I think it would be a good idea to have two types or categories of reviews for stores: one for purchases and customer support before and during the purchase, and one for customer support afterwards such as for returns or RMAs. It is just that almost any store can do a good job of selling a product, but it takes a decent store to do a good job with returns and RMAs. And as they get more sales than returns/RMAs, it stands to reason that the majority of reviews come from sales. If that was done, it could be presented as "rating for sales" and "rating for after sale service", an average of both ratings (possibly with it weighted toward either as appropriate), or an overall average of both types but just weighting them differently. Of course, there are other possibilities too.

shumaranaman
  • shumaranaman
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 45

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Im liking all these posts here just took some time reading it all, hopefully some good changes will come! :D

The Manager
  • The Manager
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Firstly unfortunately I don't really have the time to go through and read all the posts here so I apologise if I'm just repeating requests (which I'm sure I am).

1. When filtering by stores, only the prices for the selected stores should be shown. When I filter by stores I am saying 'I only want to buy from one of these stores' so it seems pointless to me to show the price of all the stores I have no intention of buying from. Rather I would like to see which of the stores I intend to buy from has the lowest price.

2. A filter for store type i.e. Online only/Physical Store.

3. Filter by region, i.e. Auckland, Wellington, etc. Obviously this is only going to apply to physical stores.

Requests 2 & 3 could be merged into one filter having a Physical Stores only filter and then the option to refine that filter by location. This would be really useful for a number of reasons like If you need to physically view the product before purchasing or if you need the product right away (such as an emergency replacement) and can't wait for shipping.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

1 has been suggested before, and plenty like it (but I don't think it will be implemented, although I hope it is). 2 and 3 are good suggestions too (and I could be wrong, but I don't remember them being suggested before).

PondGoose
  • PondGoose
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 15

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

I'm a fan of the Recent Price Drops page. It would be nice to filter it on multiple specific categories, for example right now I am interested in the categories "Surround Amplifiers and Receivers", "Multimedia Tablets", and "3.5 inch S-ATA Hard Drives".

I realize there are links to subcategory lists for price drops at the top of the page, but in my example I would have to click through to each one to see them, rather than seeing all the categories I'm interested in at a glance, and some don't go deep enough. For example I would have to look at all price drops for "Hard drives and storage", not just "3.5 inch S-ATA Hard Drives".

Just the ability to filter it to "Categories I like" would be a good start.

NZNomad
  • NZNomad
  • Rookie

• posts 2

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

For the love of god, please let us blacklist stores. I'm trying to build a list of computer parts and it's probably $100+ under-priced because all the top listed stores are full of shit.

The have:
1) Completely unrealistic pricing
2) No shipping or other costs
3) Worst of all, not in bloody stock!

I can't believe I'm getting prices reported to me that are a complete fantasy because of your "impartiality". There's a difference between you as a site being impartial, and offering your users the ability to shop how they want to shop.

I want to know at a glance, how much my new computer is going to cost me, if I have to go through every item and do the maths myself for stores that aren't full of shit, I'm not going to bother.

LinuxUser
  • LinuxUser
  • PriceSpy

• posts 9,021

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

You might be interested in the price optimisation feature then.

But I mostly agree with you. However, some of the best prices are completely genuine. However, for shipping things are a bit more difficult – a number of stores make things very awkward to find what they'll charge for shipping; and besides, you don't pay shipping if you go in to the store, so it isn't fair to include it in the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users