5 replies to this topic

FatMicroCow
  • FatMicroCow
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 16

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hey guys,

So my amazing girlfriend got me a new phone, the Samsung galaxy 4 (i9505 to be precise). anyways surprisingly I have found the stock app WatchOn quite useful but I wondering if anyone knows how to set it up to work with New Zealands MySky boxes?

Kudos to anyone who can help me get it to work since I'm far to lazy to get up and grab the remote these days lol
  • ryanc1256 and HellboY47 like this

FatMicroCow
  • FatMicroCow
  • Wannabe

• Pip
  • posts 16

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

ill take that as everyone is in the same boat as me and have no idea haha.
oh well good thing i dont actually watch much TV then haha
  • KrazyKap likes this

Harleh
  • Harleh
  • Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • posts 318

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 it came with a similar application named Peel Smart Remote.

I just did a quick scroll through available brands of "Set top boxes" and Sky and Sky+ seems to be an available brand.

I assume the Sky boxes it supports are the ones which the U.K. use..
I have no idea how similar Sky New Zealand's decoders are to it, but I think it is worth giving it a go none-the-less as the application is free.

| Intel i5 3570K | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | Crucial 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair Hydro Series H60 v2 | Antec High Current Gamer M 620W | Corsair K70 | Steelseries Rival | Astro A40s | Samson Meteor Mic | Samsung 27" SA950 3D | Vivitec Qumi Q2 3D 720p Projector 120 Inch | Ezekiel 23:20 |

tehkhop
  • tehkhop
  • Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • posts 1,511

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 it came with a similar application named Peel Smart Remote.

I just did a quick scroll through available brands of "Set top boxes" and Sky and Sky+ seems to be an available brand.

I assume the Sky boxes it supports are the ones which the U.K. use..
I have no idea how similar Sky New Zealand's decoders are to it, but I think it is worth giving it a go none-the-less as the application is free.

From my experience, the sky UK and the sky NZ remotes aren't interchangeable...
Computers: Sirius | HP 650 15" Celeron Laptop
Mobile Devices: OnePlus One 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB White | Cheap 10.1" Android Tablet | HP Touchpad
Stuff Ralph54 owes me: 1GB Black USB Stick | SATA 3 cable | IDE/SATA to USB | 8GB Black USB Stick

PeachesNZ
  • PeachesNZ
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hey setup the remote for a 'Pace' set top box code set 9ish should work. Works with my mySKY+ box.
Hopefully that works for you

metallicite
  • metallicite
  • Rookie

• posts 1

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

Hey setup the remote for a 'Pace' set top box code set 9ish should work. Works with my mySKY+ box.
Hopefully that works for you

Thanks PeachesNZ, I have been searching for a while for a set top box "model" in the Peel app to work with my NZ sky digital box. Trying all the sky models wasn't working. Still relevant a few years on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users